M. LISA ODOM, ESQ
M. LISA ODOM, ESQ
ODOM LAW GROUP, APLC | Here to protect what’s important to you.
With Lisa Odom, law is alive.
In her practice, law reaches beyond stale statutes and regulatory best practices. Law listens, law protects – law helps people with Lisa.
M. Lisa Odom is the founder and managing shareholder of Odom Law Group, APLC, a Professional Legal Corporation based in Stevenson Ranch, California. She founded her practice with a distinctive, unbounded energy and a goal to change lives and drive futures to their brightest possible destination.
Lisa sees the strength of modern law in what the legal tradition…is not. Though she brings her clients over 17 years of substantial and sophisticated experience in some of the practice’s most intricate specialties, the pride of her career is in people – not paperwork.
Multi-million dollar projects at high-profile Los Angeles law firms. Extensive experience in large financial institutions. Negotiations in high-profile industries, extensive due diligence, and general counsel at a national retail chain. Lisa’s committed client partnerships range from preparing loan and real estate agreements to serving as chief legal counsel, and at their root, each and every one stands alone – as a genuine, personal relationship. Lisa’s impact echoes outside of legal advice and an “in-the-know” perspective: she actually knows her clients, their businesses, and their goals.
“After some thinking, I realized I needed a Trust since I owned multiple properties and I wanted to make sure my family would be taken care of if I were to go before them. A good friend of mine referred me to Lisa Odom. I met with Lisa and she was delightful, knowledgeable and very attentive. Everyone on her team seemed to reflect the same qualities which made working with Odom Law Group such a pleasure. They completed my estate plan in a timely manner and provided me with all my documents in a nice presentable binder. I would definitely recommend Lisa to anyone in need of a Trust.”
— Kasra Foroutan
Lisa’s shine has brought her a “40 Under 40” award in her community of Santa Clarita, CA, as well as the prestigious “Trusted Advisor – Attorney of the Year” Award from the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
The latest recognitions in a long history of outstanding achievement, these honors join Lisa’s cum laude graduation with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Minor in Law and Society from the University of California, San Diego in 2001, and a summa cum laude recognition with her Juris Doctor from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2004. In her time at Pepperdine, she also earned multiple Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence and CALI Excellence for the Future Awards.
Ms. Odom was admitted to the California Bar in 2004, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court Central District of California. She is a member of the Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association.
Pepperdine University, School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004
Summa Cum Laude
Law Review, Symposium Editor
Pepperdine’s London Program – Summer 2002
University of California, San Diego
Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, 2001
Minor in Law and Society
Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key National Honor Society, Provost Honors
Kappa Alpha Theta, Vice President of Development
- Ultimate Female Lawyer | Issued by Elite Magazine · Oct 2016
- Trusted Advisor Attorney of the Year Award | Issued by San Fernando Valley Business Journal · Jul 2016
- Best of SCV – Civil Lawyer | Issued by The Signal · Jul 2015
- Santa Clarita Valley 40 Under 40 Award by JCI (2013)
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence –Administrative Law, Legal Research and Writing II, Torts II,
Real Property I, Criminal Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Busi-ness Reorganizations in Bankruptcy, Real Estate Finance, Family Law
- Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation Board, Board Member (current)
- Sebastian Velona Foundation, Board Member (current)
- Valley Industrial Association, Member (current)
- Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation Board of Directors (2018 – Present)
- Soroptimist International of the Greater Santa Clarita Valley, Member, Co-Chair of Annual Fashion Show (2019), Chair of Wine Affair (2015)
- Single Mothers Outreach, Board Member (20__-2019), Empowering Hearts Chair (2018)
Raising her two children, travel, golf, fashion, reading fictional novels, and creative writing.